One Nugget To Go

The Offical Fan Site for Halle Ruth

Sunday, January 15, 2006

New Things I Do Now That I Am 6 Months Old!

Ok . . . so I am a little behind on my posts . . . but better late than never!

I started talking a lot this month! My favorites are "Mum-Mum" (which I've technically been saying since I was 8 weeks) "Bah-Bah", "Da-Da". It seems like I learn a new sound every day. I just love listening to the sound of my own voice!

Speaking of listening to the sound of my own voice, sometimes I like to hum and sing to myself when I am in my crib. Mama thinks it's sweet and listens to my "songs" through the monitor.

This month I also started to stand with support. Whenever mama or daddy puts me on their lap I push up into a standing position. Later in the month I mastered standing alone, propped against the couch! Mama thinks it's funny I started standing before I even started sitting. I still don't enjoy sitting much. Whenever mama and daddy put me in a sitting position, I straighten out my legs and throw my head back. You'd think they would get the hint!

I tasted my first vegetable this month . . . Sweet Tatoes!!!! And I LOVED them. I ate almost a whole jar! Mom things it's funny I like veggies more than fruits. Just one more way I am unique!

On the down side, I also had my first illness this month. Christmas night, mama checked on me before she went to bed. She found me sleeping peacefully in a pool of my own puke! Ewww!!! I had the 24 stomach flu (mama had it the day before). Mama jerked me out of bed (and panicked a bit, if you ask me). I was more disoriented than anything else. I got sick a few more times that night, but in between each puking episode I would just look up at mama and smile. Everyone thinks I am the happiest baby they've ever seen! Mama says it's because every day she was pregnant with me she prayed I would have daddy's temperament and not hers! Ha!

Here's a list of some of my favorite things:
Song: "The Itsy Bitsy Spider"
Book: "Colors" by Baby Genius
Food: Sweet Tatoes
Game: Getting tickles before putting on jammies
Playtime: Jumping in my Johnny Jump Up
Sounds: Bah Bah
Tricks: Lifting my legs straight up into the air, then slamming them down!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Sweet Halle,
    Even though you may be a bit behind in your posts, you are far better at it than us "big folks" ... "things" keep coming up and interfering with our desire to do it! You are so lucky not to have "responsibilities" yet! (smile)

    I can't believe you are almost 7 months old! If you had waited a few more days before you posted, you would be!

    You are truly a delight to all. We love and miss you so!

    Grandma & Grandpa S.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger The Camerons said…

    You're getting so big! Time flies that's for sure! You make us smile when we see your cute pictures!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home