One Nugget To Go

The Offical Fan Site for Halle Ruth

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Four Months Old!!

Tomorrow I am four months old. Wow! Where does the time go?!

Today mama and daddy took me for my four month well-baby visit. I weighed in at 12 pounds and am 24 1/2 inches long. The doctor said I am looking great, and that my height has now moved into the 55th percentile (it used to be in the 10th, like everything else about me!) The doctor also told mama she can start feeding me some rice cereal every now and again if she wants. I'm not so sure about that. Sounds grody to me. I will have to let you know what happens if she decides to give it a try anytime soon.

The worst part of today was that I had to get, one . . . two . . . three shots!!! Ouch! I cried and cried but mama and daddy took turns cuddling me and that helped a lot. Sometimes I get pretty grumpy a couple of days after I get shots. Mama is hoping I will be all better by Sunday for my dedication!!

Here are some new things I do now that I am four months old:

*I recently discovered my feet. I don't really grab them yet, but I definitely find them interesting!
*I started deliberately reaching for toys this month. Now, once I spot something I want, I can start to pull it toward my mouth!
*Speaking of pulling things to my mouth . . . I am definitely teething now! Mama has tried to give me teething toys to chew on, but I mostly lick those and look confused. I much prefer her finger and will clamp down on it ferociously. Mom thinks it's funny and says I look like an alligator whipping it's head side to side.
*The squealing continues. Is it possible my squeals have actually gotten louder??? Mom isn't sure.
*Nap times have been changing a little bit for me. More and more I am starting to transition into a longer afternoon nap. Normally, I won't sleep more than an hour straight during the daytime. But lately, between the hours of 12 and 4, I sometimes sleep for 2-3 hours straight! Mom thinks it's great and says it lets her get lots more done. I am still sleeping about 11 hours a night.
*Feeding times are a little bit different for me now too. I am really interested in all the things that are going on around me so I am constantly moving my head from side to side when I am eating. Mom says it's a little bit frustrating trying to feed a "moving target", whatever that means.
*Also, I don't always finish all the milk in my bottle. Normally I drink one 6 oz bottle in the morning, and three 5 oz bottles throughout the day. But lately, I have been leaving an ounce or two in each bottle. The doctor said it is most likely cause my gums are bothering me, and that it's nothing mama should worry about!
*I am doing much better at tummy time and frequently use my arms to push up and look at the world around me. I don't get frustrated as quickly as I used to when I am on my belly. I haven't rolled over again, but there's definitely potential!
*Swatting at things on my playmat is fun. Thank you Mary for letting me borrow it! It sure is fun!
*I can pull my pacifier (binky) out of my mouth! I haven't quite figured out how to put it back though!
*And last but not least, now that I am four months old, I LOVE to cuddle with my blanket, especially when I am going to sleep! I love to have my blanket close to my face and I rub it all over. Sometimes that knocks my binky out of my mouth though, and Mama has to come in and give it back.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Your not alone. I'm doing a lot of this stuff too. Mommy was beginning to wonder why I was not interested in finishing my bottle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home